HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT)- Students at Hazard High School were evacuated around two o'clock Friday afternoon after a dryer caught on fire.
Students moved to the forum as a precaution and the hazard fire department is checking the sprinkler system. Officials say it was a dryer in the home economics department and one sprinkler went off.
Superintendent Sandra Johns tells us, “The loss is very minimal. we lost four or five ceiling tiles. A clothes dryer and the great thing about it is that no one was injured. All the students are safe.”
Once the building was cleared, students got their bags and waited for dismissal.