GRAPEVINE, Ky. (WYMT) - A fire destroyed a house in Grapevine on Monday.
Family says the fire started at about 5:30 a.m. They say they first knew there was a fire when a 16 year old woke up and told his mother he smelled smoke. One family member says if that had not happened, they all could have died. Family members say officials told them they believed fire was electrical.
"It breaks my heart knowing that my mom, and we just don't have a home anymore. I've lived here my whole life so I mean I really don't know. I just don't know," said 17-year-old fire victim Katrina New.
None of the four family members were injured in the fire.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Perry County.|