December 5, 2013
- Prescription drug abuse has reshaped Eastern Kentucky. In 2010, inpatient and emergency room charges related to drug overdoses totaled $78 million, much of it paid by taxpayers.
- It was an unusual call. A poison control center out of Charlotte, N.C. was begging Kentucky emergency responders to help them transport anti-venom.
- A four-car crash injured seven people, three of them critically, on a highway in Powell County.
- The school in Powell County has been dealing with bats inside the building for weeks.
- She claimed to have a deal for big blue fans but police say it wasn't legal. They say a Powell County woman tried to sell UK basketball tickets that didn't belong to her.
- More than a hundred snakes and reptiles were recovered in an Ohio home, four of them were venomous. Those snakes are now being cared for at the Reptile Zoo in Powell County.
More Powell News