The garbage caught fire inside the transfer station building, allowing it to smolder for a long time, then burning out of control.
Supervisor, Rodney Turner said, "An operator was working in the back, when he smelled smoke."
Turner says the fire really hasn't effected garbage service to
the county, only drop offs at the station.
The transfer station is closed indefinitely while the cleanup begins. In the meantime, Somerset's transfer station will accept the trash that used to come there.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Pulaski County.|