PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Fire destroyed a home in southern Kentucky Tuesday afternoon. The fire broke out around 3 p.m. at a home on Nelson Valley Road near the Science Hill community in Pulaski county.
Firefighters were cautious because of a propane tank that was near the home. " Obviously it is always a concern when you have a propane tank or another hazard that is close by a burning structure," said Josh Whitis, the assistant chief of the Science Hill Fire Department. "Our crews did a good job of protecting that, cooling it down so it wasn't another incident with a propane tank."
The house was a total loss. Firefighters tell us it is too early to determine what caused the fire.