The Center for Rural Development is expanding its Your Center of Learning training program to include a new series of professional, instructor-led classes, including full-day and first-time-ever lunch-and-learn sessions as well as evening and Saturday programming.
During the first quarter of the training schedule, starting in May, The Center has added 14 new business and professional development classes from computer and workforce training skills to emerging technologies and the power of social media.
“Your Center of Learning program announces a new schedule of training opportunities for people from all walks of life, levels of experience, and personal interests,” said Robyn Phillips, training and e-learning services coordinator for The Center. “We have even added evening and Saturday classes, as well as lunch-and-learn sessions, to our training schedule to make classes more convenient and accessible for everyone.”
The following Your Center of Learning classes have been scheduled for the first quarter in May:
• Terrorism and WMD in the Workplace-On Demand/Web-based course for first responders (Free)
• Introduction to Computers Using Windows 7—May 14, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (EDT) (day session)
• Earthquake Safety—May 15-16 2-Day (FREE)
• Excel Level 1—May 17, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (EDT) (day session)
• Microsoft Office 2013 PowerPoint Level 2—May 18 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (EDT) (day session)
• Interviewing: Communication & Impression Management—May 21, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (EDT) (Lunch&Learn)
• iPhoneography—May 21, 5-8 p.m. (EDT) (Seminar) Requirements: -iPhone
• Introduction to Word Press— May 22, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (EDT) (Lunch&Learn)
• Grant Writing 101— May 23, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (EDT) (day session)
• What Do I Do With These Photos!—May 25, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (EDT) (day session) Requirements- flash drive, external hard drive with photos
• Leadership: Meaning Management and Exercise in Influence—May 28, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (EDT) (Lunch&Learn)
• Gourmet Cooking on a Budget—May 30, 6-7:30 p.m. (EDT) (evening class)
• Computer Training Part 1: Understanding the Personal PC —May 30, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (EDT) (day session)
• Night Photography—May 31 5-8 p.m. (EDT) (seminar) Requirements: -Point and shoot or DSLR camera
All classes are held at The Center, located at 2292 South U.S. 27 (at Traffic Light 15) in Somerset.
For a detailed description of each Your Center of Learning training class or to register for any of these classes, contact Robyn Phillips at 606-677-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of the day session training classes is $99 per class. Seminars and lunch-and-learn training classes are $49 per class. During the lunch sessions, participants may want to bring a “brown bag” lunch. Lunch is not provided at the “lunch- and-learn” programs.
Additional training classes will be announced in June and July. Check The Center’s website at www.centertech.com or follow Your Center of Learning’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/centertraining for more information on upcoming classes.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Pulaski County.|