Somerset sisters tackling Appalachian Trail
From Southern Belles to Bad Mama Jamas. That's what Sarita "Sam" Gibson and Lee Redmond are aiming to become by launching a daunting hike along the famed Appalachian Trail.
Man en route to hospital dies after Pulaski Co. crash
- A 57-year-old Pulaski County man who was en route to the hospital Saturday died after a crash on Pine Hill Road.
Golden Alert issued for missing Pulaski County man
- Police say 70-year-old James Woods hasn't been seen since Thursday morning.
Pulaski Co. burglary victim catches suspected thief in the act
- A southern Kentucky man faces a burglary charge after investigators say a home owner caught him crawling through his window.
Pulaski Co. fugitive arrested for attempted murder
- A southern Kentucky fugitive wanted for nearly two dozen charges, including attempted murder, is now in jail.
Man killed in Lake Cumberland diving accident
- The Pulaski County coroner got a call just after 5:00 P.M. that someone had found a body in Lake Cumberland.
Pulaski Co. Sheriff's Office issues alert about jury duty scam
- The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office has issued a scam alert.
Yard sale in Pulaski County to raise funds for beating victim
- The community is stepping up to help cover a beating victim's medical expenses by doing a yard sale.
Fire causes minimal damage at Kingsford Charcoal plant in Pulaski Co.
- Work is expected to resume Tuesday afternoon at the Kingsford Charcoal plant in Pulaski County after morning fire stopped production.
Eubank Elementary will open next week without cafeteria
- Eubank school cafeteria staff will prepare lunches at the Eubank Fire Dept then deliver box lunches to the students who will eat in their classrooms until the renovation is complete in January.
Pulaski Co. Sheriff's Office issues alert about phone scam
- The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office issued a scam alert on Monday.
Somerset apartment residents upset over mess left by May fire
- Residents of the Beecher House in Somerset say two months after a fire, soot, dirty walls, and problems still exist on several floors.
Surveillance cameras catch fiery train vs. tractor trailer crash on tape
- It was all caught on tape, and we now have that video of a fiery crash that shows a train colliding with a tractor trailer in Pulaski County.
Pulaski Co. girl helps raise money for Corbin girl with cancer
- A young girl battling cancer is getting some help from a total stranger, another young girl from a different town.
Train hits tractor trailer in Somerset, causing fire
- The accident happened Friday afternoon on Highway 2227, near the SomerSplash Waterpark.
Suspect in Pulaski Co. attorney's murder to appear in court
- We could learn more about the murder of a prominent southern Kentucky defense attorney on Wednesday.
Mother remembers son who drowned in Lake Cumberland
- A Pulaski County mother is talking about her son, who drowned while visiting Lake Cumberland on Sunday.
More Top Stories
Photos from Somerset
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.