Woodford County receives salt shipment just in time for weekend snow
- The Woodford County Road Department was nearly depleted of salt when a new shipment arrived Friday.
Friend reflects on the life of a construction worker hit, killed by car
- Police are investigating an incident Monday morning in which a man who was flagging traffic on Leestown Road, was hit by a car and killed.
Boil water advisory affects Versailles business
- People in Woodford County are being asked to conserve water and are under a boil water advisory after a power outage at a pump station.
Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
Man suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- A man is fighting for his life after investigators say he was hit by a car while walking along a Woodford County road.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
Communities cancel festivities because of weather
- Several communities have already canceled their weekend plans in anticipation of the wintry weather.
Coalfield counties struggling with unemployment
- Leslie County had the highest unemployment at 18 percent.
Woman's legacy lives through racehorse and UK Hoops
- Christine Brown died in a riding accident in July. Her husband hopes to keep her passion for horses and basketball alive through a collaboration with UK Hoops.
Big Blue Crush final results: it’s four in a row for Kentucky!
- It was a record-breaking week for Kentucky and Tennessee, but Cat fans pulled off the win for the fourth year in a row in the 26th annual Big Blue Crush, 3,601 to 3,458.
Southern Lights Stroll sets the holiday season in motion
- With the return of the Southern Lights holiday festival, presented by Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky Inc., the Southern Lights Stroll returns on the festival’s opening night, Thursday, Nov. 21.
Coroner: 'Driver impaled' after crashing through wooden fence
- A woman is killed and her husband and daughter injured after driving off the road and through a wooden fence.
Teen girls killed in crash near Midway
- Two young women died early Friday morning in a crash on Highway 421 that the Woodford County Coroner said was "most likely" weather related.
Police say victim in violent home invasion made everything up
- Police say the man who claimed he was the victim of a violent home invasion earlier this month now admits he made up the story.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Versailles