Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting SEC Tournament Pep Rally
- The Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club is hosting a pep rally before UK’s first game on Friday, March 14, 2014, at 2 p.m. ET at the Hawk Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
WKYT SkyFirst flies over snow covered central Kentucky
- From WKYT SkyFirst, Officer Don surveyed how some parts of central Kentucky have gotten up to five inches of snow as wintry weather moved across the state.
Ky. Forestry Division has seedlings available
- The Kentucky Division of Forestry has tree seedlings available and says the time to plant for the best chance of success is by the end of April.
Pax hits Kentucky: Winter weather continues to pack a punch
- Winter weather is still packing a punch, and it’s continuing to hit the community’s blood supply hard.
Glenn Toyota Frankfort presents STRIDE with a new 2014 Toyota Sienna LE
- Glenn Toyota Frankfort will present a new 2014 Toyota Sienna LE to STRIDE at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 11, as part of the Toyota 100 Cars for Good Program.
Survey finds half of kindergarteners not ready
- A new report says about half of kindergartners in Kentucky aren't prepared to master essential skills in school.
2014 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic basketball begins this week
- Every year, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are happy to sponsor the Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic, an annual celebration of youth in which students from the state’s smallest high schools get a much deserved opportunity to compete in academics and sports on a big stage.
Woodford County receives salt shipment just in time for weekend snow
- The Woodford County Road Department was nearly depleted of salt when a new shipment arrived Friday.
Friend reflects on the life of a construction worker hit, killed by car
- Police are investigating an incident Monday morning in which a man who was flagging traffic on Leestown Road, was hit by a car and killed.
Boil water advisory affects Versailles business
- People in Woodford County are being asked to conserve water and are under a boil water advisory after a power outage at a pump station.
Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
Man suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- A man is fighting for his life after investigators say he was hit by a car while walking along a Woodford County road.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
Communities cancel festivities because of weather
- Several communities have already canceled their weekend plans in anticipation of the wintry weather.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Versailles