4th of July events across Kentucky
- Here's a list of several 4th of July celebrations planned across the Bluegrass.
Study: Lawrenceburg Kentucky's safest city, Winchester next to last
- A new ranking of Kentucky cities over 10,000 people found Lawrenceburg as the safest and Louisville, Winchester, and Newport as the most unsafe.
Clark Co. couple indicted in rape cases involving babysitters
- A Clark County couple remains jailed after being indicted after two babysitters reported they were raped in the couple's home.
Ordinance could change farmland into rock quarry in Clark Co.
- They say they plan to fight it no matter what. People living in a Clark County neighborhood don't want a proposed rock quarry built nearby.
Ruling could nullify smoking bans in three central Ky. counties
- A Kentucky Supreme Court ruling over health department-issued smoking bans could make similar bans in three central Kentucky counties unenforceable.
74-year-old woke up to half-naked stranger in her room
- A Clark County woman woke up in the middle of the night to a half-naked man staring down at her.
Winchester woman wakes to find half-naked man in apartment
- The victim, who is her 70's, says she woke around midnight to find a man standing near her bed with his pants down.
Inmate who overpowered officer faces new charges in Clark Co.
- Fabian Valentine now faces several charges in Clark County, including assault of a police officer.
Pilot View Elementary closes doors
- Pilot View Elementary, established in 1869, will close down after this school year. Teachers, parents, and former staff gathered today to say goodbye.
Man dies after fall from tanker truck in Winchester
- The Fayette County Coroner's Office says 56-year-old Craig Smith died Thursday night at UK Hospital.
Inpatient dialysis now available at Clark Regional Medical Center
- Inpatient dialysis services are now offered at Clark Regional Medical Center. As of April 21, 2014 patients no longer have to travel out of Winchester for inpatient hemodialysis services.
Preparing for Spring storms
- Staying "weather wise" is crucial this time of year and Emergency Management officials want to keep you safe.
Kroger switches senior days to weekly, trims discount
- Beginning May 15, Kroger will change up its 10-percent discount program for seniors by cutting the discount in half and increasing the number of days its available.
Winchester man accused of raping babysitters claims innocence
- Robert Lee and his wife Pennie were arrested and charged with raping their children's babysitters Friday. Lee sat down with WKYT's Mark Barber Saturday, claiming his innocence.
Woman injured in officer involved shooting in Winchester
- An officer involved shooting sent a woman to the hospital on Thursday evening. It happened just before 6 p.m. in Winchester.
One dead after crash on I-64 in Clark County
- I-64 is back open after a crash shut it down for hours.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Winchester