WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Senate candidate sues over campaign ad
- A candidate for state senate has filed a defamation lawsuit against his opponent. Dr. Ralph Alvarado's attorney said an ad by Alvarado's opponent, Senator RJ Palmer's campaign crossed a line.
Man accused of scamming Winchester restaurants
- He claimed he'd use the money for mentally challenged people but Winchester Police say a man was actually using that as an excuse in order to scam restaurants out of hundreds of dollars.
Police search for Winchester carjacking, Lexington bank robbery suspect
- WKYT is tracking a Winchester carjacking that police say led to a Lexington bank robbery Wednesday afternoon.
Car hits Clark Co. house, barely misses woman on porch
- Wednesday started with a scare for a Clark County woman. Liz Dever was on the front porch of her home on East Hickman Drive in Winchester when she saw a car headed straight for her.
Suspect in Winchester truck stop robbery dies
- Winchester Police say Davon Marshall and Curtis Wilkerson tried to rob the 96 Truck Stop on Tuesday morning.
Friends look for donations to bury homeless man
- A group in Winchester is raising money to help lay a homeless man to rest.
Winchester robbery suspect in court, second suspect identified
- A Winchester man charged in a robbery that ended in gunfire went in front of a judge on Wednesday afternoon.
Suspect shot during robbery attempt at Winchester truck stop
- Police in Winchester are investigating a shooting after an apparent robbery at a truck stop.
Winchester project planning green space attraction
- The Greater Clark Foundation announces their plan to create a new "green space."
Man arrested for shooting near busy Winchester park
- A man was injured in a shooting, but Winchester Police tell us the bullet wasn't meant for him. The shots were fired on Meadow Street Thursday evening, not far from a busy park.
WWII icon Rosie used to recruit female students
- Technical schools around the state are planning to use the iconic story of Rosie the Riveter to encourage non-traditional students to enroll in technology courses.
Little girl helps spread big message in Winchester to "slow down"
- If you live in Winchester, you may have noticed handmade signs asking drivers to slow down and believe it or not, this safety campaign was started by a six-year-old girl!
Pavement project scheduled for Interstate 64 in Clark County
- Crews will be working between mile points 95.3 and 98 in Winchester, starting Wednesday.
Clark Regional Medical Center enters Medline Pink Glove Dance video competition and now needs your vote
- WINCHESTER, KY, (Sept. 12, 2014) – Clark Regional Medical Center has officially entered the 2014 Medline Pink Glove Dance Competition for a chance to win a $15,000 donation to Relay for Life of Clark County and international social media attention. The filming may be over but these dedicated dancers need your vote!
Ky. native killed in 9-11 remembered on anniversary
- Thursday marks the 13th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks on this country. Morehead native Edward Earhart was among those killed at the Pentagon. He was a navy petty officer first class.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Winchester