Staying warm in Central Kentucky during an extreme wind chill
- Lexington's wind chill was at -14 degrees on Thursday morning.
Winchester police detective: Suspects in fatal shooting wanted to steal marijuana
- A Winchester police detective says a fatal shooting last month stemmed from a plan by three men wanting to steal marijuana from someone in the apartment above hers.
Man charged in Winchester murder faces judge
- Aaron Stailey,18, is the third person charged in a December shooting that killed a young woman and injured three others.
Clark County student dies from meningitis
- Cole Hon, 15, lost his battle with meningitis on Tuesday.
Third person charged in fatal shooting at Winchester apartment
- A third person has been charged in a fatal shooting last month at a Winchester apartment complex.
Volunteer firefighter killed in Monday's double fatal crash
- A Central Kentucky fire department is mourning the loss of a volunteer firefighter killed in a crash on the Mountain Parkway.
Winchester man, 68, accused of trying to kidnap two teen girls
- Winchester police on Saturday arrested Thomas Hamilton, 68, after two girls said he tried to get them into his vehicle. Police say they found ropes, a large amount of plastic sheeting and a steak knife in his truck.
2 charged with murder in fatal shooting at Winchester apartment
- Winchester police say they have arrested two suspects in a home invasion that resulted in gunfire which killed one person and injured three others.
Police: 1 dead, 3 injured in shooting at Winchester apartment complex
- Winchester police say one person has been killed, and three others have been injured in a shooting at an apartment complex Tuesday night.
Real-life 'Father Christmas' hands out cash, pays bills for shoppers
- Just two days before Christmas, dozens of people around the Bluegrass received unexpected gifts of free meals, fill ups at gas stations, and $100 bills.
Clark Co. couple charged in highway copper thefts
- Police say the copper wire was illegally taken from lighting systems on interstates and parkways in nine Kentucky counties.
Arrests made in Harrison home invasion that left one man dead
- Authorities made one arrest in a Harrison County home invasion, and are searching for another suspect.
Up to 20 percent of students are out sick at some Central Ky. schools
- Sickness is sweeping through some Central Kentucky schools. At a couple elementary schools, 10 percent to 20 percent of students were out sick Thursday.
Driver overturns semi after falling asleep on I-64 in Clark Co.
- A driver is being checked out after running his semi off the interstate.
Caught on camera: Semi driver blows through Winchester road block
- Police say a man driving a tractor-trailer blew past a road block in Winchester, nearly hitting an officer in a police cruiser and emergency workers trying to clear a wreck.
Clark Co. teens ride in memory of friend killed in crash
- A group of teenagers in Clark County drove for nearly two hours across central Kentucky on Saturday night in memory of a friend they lost too soon.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Winchester