A family is thankful to be alive after a fire broke out in their home early Thursday morning.
The Winchester Fire Department was called to a home on East Broadway to reports of a house on fire.
Seven children and two adults made it out safely.
The mother woke up to the smoke detector going off and managed to get everyone out safely.
It is believed the fire started on the first floor near a Christmas tree and some presents.
The Red Cross has been called in to help the family.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Winchester.|