WKYT - Winchester - Headlines

Christmas decorations spark fire at home

Some Christmas decorations are being blamed for an overnight fire in Winchester.

Firefighters were called to a home on Camden Drive.

They say a Christmas tree in the kitchen of the home caught fire.

Firefighters quickly put the fire out.

They say people need to take extra precautions to prevent fires this time of year.

"Make sure all our lights are shut off, before we go to bed," Lt. Byron Schroedel of the Winchester Fire Department said. "Definitely make sure we have working smoke detectors, as well as using UL listed cords. Then again, we cannot overemphasize the safety and the need to be sure everything is shut off at night."

Firefighters say it appears an ornament sparked the fire overnight then spread to the tree.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111121984 - wkyt.com/a?a=111121984
Gray Television, Inc.