A fire at a family's home caused a lot of damage Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. on Holly Avenue in Winchester.
No one was home at the time. Witnesses say at one time, smoke and flames could be seen coming from the house.
Firefighters say the living room had the heaviest damage, but there is heat and smoke damage throughout the home.
A witness who spoke with us say the fire was a frightening sight, but it could have been a lot worse.
"All I see is a puff of flame coming out the house, the windows, and everything," the witness told us. "I'm just glad no one got hurt."
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire once they got there. They think an overloaded power strip caused the fire.
We're told a couple and their two children lived at the home.
|Report problems like potholes, broken street lights, or vandalism in Winchester.|