WKYT - Winchester - Headlines

Family escapes burning home

A wood-burning stove is being blamed for a fire that damaged a 100-year old home early Wednesday.

A man inside the house on Ironworks Road in Clark County woke up to the smell of smoke.

He helped his mother and her grandchildren escape safely.

Firefighters say the clay chimney flue pipe was cracked.

The homeowner says the house has been in the family for generations.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139349163