WKYT - Winchester - Headlines

Clark County man rescues dog from barn fire

CLARK COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A central Kentucky man had to rescue his dog Tuesday night from a burning barn.

The fire broke out just after 5 o'clock at a barn on McCullough Lane in Clark County.

The barn's owner says he saw the flames from his home and called for help.

George Fraley says all he could think about what his 14-year-old dog, Bear, who was inside.

"There was no choice. It was the dog or else. I had to do it. I had to get my dog. That's all that matters to me is my dog," said Fraley.

Fraley says the fire burned the dog's back a little, but he's otherwise okay. No one else was injured,

The fire destroyed the barn, firefighters say there wasn't anything they could do to save it.

Fraley says he had a four-wheeler and some tools inside. He thinks a heat lamp likely sparked the fire.


Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183104171 - wkyt.com/a?a=183104171