Clark Regional Medical Center Joins Forces with UK HealthCare to Provide Expanded Heart, Cancer Care
- WINCHESTER, Ky. (Nov. 14, 2014) – In a press conference held yesterday, Clark Regional Medical Center (CRMC) announced it has joined forces with UK HealthCare to provide an even higher standard of care for patients with heart disease or cancer. CRMC is now an official affiliate in the UK Gill Heart Institute Affiliate Network and also has entered into a formal collaboration with the UK Markey Cancer Center to develop its oncology service line.
Clark Regional Medical Center is Prepared for Ebola Virus
- As the nation’s strategy to address the Ebola virus continues to evolve, Clark Regional Medical Center and the Clark County Health Department have been collaborating closely to ensure that health care professionals are prepared to effectively care for potential Ebola patients.
Ky. Senate minority leader loses bid for re-election
- Kentucky Senate Minority Floor Leader R.J. Palmer lost his bid for re-election to Republican Dr. Ralph Alvarado.
Fire destroys Clark Co. barn
- Fire crews are still trying to figure out the cause of a fire that destroyed a central Kentucky barn overnight.
WKYT Investigates: 5 schools with less than 'good' football helmets
- A month-long WKYT investigation discovered five high schools in central, southern and eastern Kentucky with football helmets deemed less than “good” by a rating system to denote their ability to reduce the risk of concussions.
Senate candidate sues over campaign ad
- A candidate for state senate has filed a defamation lawsuit against his opponent. Dr. Ralph Alvarado's attorney said an ad by Alvarado's opponent, Senator RJ Palmer's campaign crossed a line.
Man accused of scamming Winchester restaurants
- He claimed he'd use the money for mentally challenged people but Winchester Police say a man was actually using that as an excuse in order to scam restaurants out of hundreds of dollars.
Police search for Winchester carjacking, Lexington bank robbery suspect
- WKYT is tracking a Winchester carjacking that police say led to a Lexington bank robbery Wednesday afternoon.
Car hits Clark Co. house, barely misses woman on porch
- Wednesday started with a scare for a Clark County woman. Liz Dever was on the front porch of her home on East Hickman Drive in Winchester when she saw a car headed straight for her.
Suspect in Winchester truck stop robbery dies
- Winchester Police say Davon Marshall and Curtis Wilkerson tried to rob the 96 Truck Stop on Tuesday morning.
Friends look for donations to bury homeless man
- A group in Winchester is raising money to help lay a homeless man to rest.
Winchester robbery suspect in court, second suspect identified
- A Winchester man charged in a robbery that ended in gunfire went in front of a judge on Wednesday afternoon.
Suspect shot during robbery attempt at Winchester truck stop
- Police in Winchester are investigating a shooting after an apparent robbery at a truck stop.
Winchester project planning green space attraction
- The Greater Clark Foundation announces their plan to create a new "green space."
Man arrested for shooting near busy Winchester park
- A man was injured in a shooting, but Winchester Police tell us the bullet wasn't meant for him. The shots were fired on Meadow Street Thursday evening, not far from a busy park.
WWII icon Rosie used to recruit female students
- Technical schools around the state are planning to use the iconic story of Rosie the Riveter to encourage non-traditional students to enroll in technology courses.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Winchester