Man accused of scamming Winchester restaurants
- He claimed he'd use the money for mentally challenged people but Winchester Police say a man was actually using that as an excuse in order to scam restaurants out of hundreds of dollars.
Suspect shot during robbery attempt at Winchester truck stop
- Police in Winchester are investigating a shooting after an apparent robbery at a truck stop.
Winchester project planning green space attraction
- The Greater Clark Foundation announces their plan to create a new "green space."
Man arrested for shooting near busy Winchester park
- A man was injured in a shooting, but Winchester Police tell us the bullet wasn't meant for him. The shots were fired on Meadow Street Thursday evening, not far from a busy park.
WWII icon Rosie used to recruit female students
- Technical schools around the state are planning to use the iconic story of Rosie the Riveter to encourage non-traditional students to enroll in technology courses.
Little girl helps spread big message in Winchester to "slow down"
- If you live in Winchester, you may have noticed handmade signs asking drivers to slow down and believe it or not, this safety campaign was started by a six-year-old girl!
Pavement project scheduled for Interstate 64 in Clark County
- Crews will be working between mile points 95.3 and 98 in Winchester, starting Wednesday.
Clark Regional Medical Center enters Medline Pink Glove Dance video competition and now needs your vote
- WINCHESTER, KY, (Sept. 12, 2014) – Clark Regional Medical Center has officially entered the 2014 Medline Pink Glove Dance Competition for a chance to win a $15,000 donation to Relay for Life of Clark County and international social media attention. The filming may be over but these dedicated dancers need your vote!
Ky. native killed in 9-11 remembered on anniversary
- Thursday marks the 13th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks on this country. Morehead native Edward Earhart was among those killed at the Pentagon. He was a navy petty officer first class.
CSEPP urges participation in emergency readiness survey
- CSEPP is asking people in Clark, Estill, Garrard, Jackson, Laurel, Madison and Powell counties to take a survey.
Victim identified in Clark County motorcycle crash
- The crash happened late Tuesday night on the on-ramp from eastbound I-64 to the Mountain Parkway.
Two Winchester men charged with murder after 2012 deadly fire
- Two Winchester men have now been charged with murder stemming from a deadly fire back in 2012.
Winchester man accused of kidnapping, raping girl
- James Bullock was found hiding underneath his home with the child police say he kidnapped and raped.
Winchester police solve 12-year-old cold case
- It was a cold case for nearly 12 years. Police say they've arrested a woman for a bank robbery in Winchester that happened in December of 2002.
Lawsuit filed over zone change for proposed quarry in Clark County
- The Allen Company wants to open the quarry near the Kentucky River.
Semi hauling two trailers runs off I-64 in Clark County
- Police were dispatched to a semi truck crash early Friday morning.
Beware of utility scam affecting Clark Energy members
- August 13, 2014 – A prepaid debit card scam is currently circulating in our service area and targeting members of Clark Energy.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Photos from Winchester