Company eyeing mine lease in southern Kentucky
Posted: 10:57 AM
- A southern Kentucky coal company is eyeing a tract of land and negotiating with Whitley County officials for the right to mine the area.
Laurel Co. deputies to hold self-defense class for realtors
Updated: 4:21 PM
- The Laurel County Sheriff's Office tells us they will hold a self-defense class for realtors.
Lexington Police accepting bids for machine guns
Posted: 10:03 AM
- The city of Lexington is accepting bids to buy ten machine guns for police.
Police: Powell Co. nurse stole prescription drugs from coworker
Updated: 6:59 PM
- Powell County Police say a woman was arrested after stealing prescription medication from another employee's vehicle.
Anheuser-Busch sues Kentucky over beer distribution
Posted: 9:03 AM
- One of the largest beer brewers in the country is suing Kentucky to force the approval of a distributor's license.
Man charged with assault after meeting woman online in Laurel Co.
- Police in Laurel County say a relationship that started with two people meeting on the internet, ended with violence.
Car flipped on its side after Lexington crash
- Lexington Police tell us there was a three car collision on Tuesday around 4:00 p.m. on Cooper Drive.
Unknown man approaches girl in Wilmore
- A neighborhood is on high alert after an unknown man approached a young girl.
Madison County Schools affected by chemical leak
- Because of potential health dangers after a chemical spill on I-75, emergency crews didn't want to take any chances. Precautions taken affected some Madison County school bus routes Tuesday afternoon.
Man accused of scamming Winchester restaurants
- He claimed he'd use the money for mentally challenged people but Winchester Police say a man was actually using that as an excuse in order to scam restaurants out of hundreds of dollars.
Highlands Stays Alert with Emergency Drill
- Prestonsburg, KY – Highlands Regional Medical Center (HRMC) knows that an emergency could happen at any time. That’s why Highlands recently participated in an emergency drill going through complete steps as if an actual emergency had taken place. The exercise was organized and executed by the local healthcare preparedness coalition (HPC), led by Sharon Fields, RN, the Region 10 Healthcare Planning Coordinator.
Bluegrass Poll: McConnell regains lead in Senate race
- With two weeks to go before the November 4 election, a new Bluegrass Poll found Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell in a near dead heat with Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes.
Police: Shelbyville man says he was forced to commit burglary
- Police in Frankfort say a man called them over the weekend saying he'd been forced to commit a crime against his will.
Berea couple accused of abusing child
- A couple is in jail, accused of abusing a child. State police say Linda Richmond and the child's father, Julio Valladares, took a punishment for bed wetting too far.
At vigil, victim's family asks for end to violence
- A family touched by tragedy hopes their loss can help stop the shootings, saying they are tired of the violence and its cost.
Deputies searching for Franklin County theft suspect
- The Franklin County Sheriff's Office is asking for the help identifying a suspect who is wanted for theft.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.