Coba celebrates its one year anniversary
- With almost a year under its golden dome, Coba is pleased to announce its One Year Anniversary Celebration on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 from 11 am – 10:30 pm
Budget bill headed to Ky. House
- A proposed $20.3 billion, two-year state budget closely aligned with the governor's spending recommendations is headed to the Kentucky House.
Bill would raise Ky.'s motor fuels tax rate
- Kentucky's motor fuels tax would rise under a revenue bill that has cleared a House committee.
Julius Randle named Freshman of the Year
- Kentucky forward Julius Randle was named the Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches on Tuesday, leading a number of honors for the Wildcats for their play during the 2013-14 season.
House committee approves school snow day waiver
- A House committee has approved a bill that would forgive public schools up to 10 missed school days because of winter weather.
Lexington pastor apologizes for blackface skit at church
- A pastor in Lexington is apologizing for a skit that featured a white church member performing in blackface.
Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club hosting SEC Tournament Pep Rally
- The Greater Atlanta UK Alumni Club is hosting a pep rally before UK’s first game on Friday, March 14, 2014, at 2 p.m. ET at the Hawk Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
Civil War site cleanup day scheduled next month
- Organizers are looking for volunteers to help clean up and restore 10 Civil War sites in Kentucky.
A Lexington man brings sled hockey to Lexington
- One of the most popular sports of the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi, Russia is sled hockey. WKYT's Amber Philpott got the chance to try the unfamiliar sport and introduces us to a Lexington man on a mission to bring sled hockey to the the bluegrass.
Fort Knox installs first female commander
- Brig. Gen. Peggy C. Combs has become the first female to take command over Fort Knox and U.S. Army Cadet Command.
Sen. Rand Paul to keynote Ohio county GOP dinner
- Potential 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky has been announced as keynote speaker for a major southwest Ohio GOP banquet.
Panel OKs allowing public-private partnerships
- A bill that would allow public-private partnerships for projects has drawn objections from a Kentucky lawmaker who says it would be used to charge tolls to finance a new Ohio River bridge between Cincinnati and Covington.
Highway section in western Ky. closing for bridge
- A section of highway in western Kentucky will be closed for construction of a new bridge, beginning Monday.
Ky. road crews urged to conserve salt
- The harsh winter has prompted the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to urge its crews to conserve salt supplies.
Mine That Bird visiting Derby Museum
- One of the celebrities who will be in Louisville for this year's Kentucky Derby has four legs and has actually been around the track a time or two.
Kentucky Blood Center urging donations to offset winter weather cancellations
- Just as Kentuckians are struggling with the aftermath of winter weather this week, Kentucky Blood Center (KBC) is struggling to build up a blood supply thumped by Old Man Winter.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.