Knox deputies find loaded AK-47, hatchet, club, other weapons during traffic stop
- Deputies say Jesse Williams Davis told them his father recently died and he was trying to sell all of his father's weapons.
Broken pipe causes flooding, collapse on Call Drive in Lexington
- A broken water pipe has caused flooding on Call Drive. Kentucky American Water thinks the hydrant was hit.
Man arrested after Jessamine deputies find body on back porch
- Chief Deputy Allen Peel of the Jessamine County Sheriff's Office says his department got a call about a fight at a home on Hartley Drive. When deputies arrived, they found a dead man on the back porch.
Lexington woman wrestles gun away from man who broke into home
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday morning after they say he broke into a woman's home.
Body of missing western Kentucky girl found in pond
- The body of an 8-year-old western Kentucky girl has been found in a pond about a quarter-mile from her home.
Judge dismisses indictment against former Harlan County coach
- Harlan County Circuit Court Judge H. Kent Hendrickson dismissed the indictment Thursday against a former Harlan County High School basketball coach.
I-64 reopens after crash in Franklin County
- The right westbound lane of I-64 is closed at exit 58 near the Franklin County/Woodford County line due to a crash.
Part of Winchester Rd. closed after truck crashes into utility pole
- Winchester Road has reopened after a crash on Thursday morning.
Scott Co. home near Fayette Co. line destroyed after overnight fire
- The Scott County Fire Department tells WKYT that no one was injured after a fire at a vacant home on Thursday morning.
Firefighters extinguish blaze at FedEx warehouse on Buck Lane
- Dozens of Lexington firefighters battled a blaze Wednesday at a FedEx warehouse on Buck Lane.
Judge rejects claim that bourbon was falsely advertised
- A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit that accused Maker's Mark distillery of false advertising for promoting its bourbon as handmade.
Fayette County grand jury indicts one of three arrested in connection to pizza driver death
- A grand jury has failed to indict two of the three people charged in the death of a Lexington pizza delivery driver.
Family, friends demand justice for Clay County man's killing
- The Clay County sheriff says Trevor Dykes, 24, was shot multiple times Monday morning in the Goose Rock community as he was leaving his home for work.
Lexington man charged with stalking shot car, led officers on chase, police say
- Lexington police arrested a man Tuesday, charging him with stalking and threatening a woman.
Two arrested in 2014 Lexington murder; third suspect sought
- Lexington police have charged two people in connection with a 2014 murder and are searching for a third suspect.
Woman killed, man seriously injured in crash on Ky. 80 in Somerset
- A 69-year-old woman was killed and a man was seriously injured Tuesday in a crash near the intersection of Ky. 80 and Ky. 461.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.