Trump, Biden, Gov. Beshear release statements on events in Louisville
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WKYT) - Both President Donald Trump and Governor Andy Beshear have released statements on social media about the officer-involved shooting in downtown Louisville Wednesday night.
“Praying for the two police officers that were shot tonight in Louisville, Kentucky,” President Trump said on Twitter. “The Federal Government stands behind you and is ready to help. Spoke to @GovAndyBeshear and we are prepared to work together, immediately upon request!”
Gov. Beshear released a video message to social media.
“We know that the answer to violence is never violence,” Gov. Beshear said. “And we are thinking about those two officers and their families tonight.”
Joe Biden also took to Twitter on the situation:
- Brett Hankison booked into jail, released
- UK students feel connected to Breonna Taylor case
- Mayor Gorton urges calm about Breonna Taylor decision; downtown city offices, businesses close early
- The timeline of the Breonna Taylor case
- Downtown Louisville employees told to work from home indefinitely
- Lexington pastor calls for peace ahead of Breonna Taylor announcement
- Louisville mayor declares state of emergency, bans on-street parking ahead of Breonna Taylor announcement
- Jon Mattingly: Officer involved in Breonna Taylor shooting sends candid email to LMPD colleagues
- Restrictions in place in downtown Louisville in anticipation of announcement in Breonna Taylor case
- Breonna Taylor’s family settles with City of Louisville for $12 million, significant police reform
Copyright 2020 WKYT. All rights reserved.