Jim Caldwell’s Forecast | Severe thunderstorms possible
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - The threat for strong to severe thunderstorms will be with us today.
A potent area of low pressure will be passing through our skies. It will likely bring a round of thunderstorms for the early part of the day and then another round later. The primary issue with these storms will be strong winds. I am going to assess these levels for you.
- Damaging winds around 60 MPH or higher
- Isolated tornado threat
- Large hail at least quarter-sized
- The first round of gusty storms blows in around midday
- A period of calmer weather during the early afternoon could contribute to more instability
- Strong to severe thunderstorms will blow in again late this evening and tonight
Once this potent low exits the area, things are much calmer on Friday. It will be a little cooler as well.
It is another Thursday, and every day we move forward is a day closer to a return to our ordinary world. All signs suggest that we are finally nearly there! Take care of each other; we’ve got this!
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.