LFCHD cancels vaccination clinic due to J&J vaccine concerns
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department has canceled Friday’s vaccination clinic.
They say cancellation is because of concerns over the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
- VACCINE TEAM | Q&A on Johnson & Johnson vaccine issues
- Johnson & Johnson pause impacting some central Ky. pharmacies
- Despite setbacks, demand for Johnson & Johnson vaccine remains high
- Beshear pauses use of J&J vaccine in Kentucky, says health officials believe it will be deemed safe
- Vaccine clinic plans changing amid J&J vaccine blood clot reports
Anyone who was scheduled to receive a second dose of the Moderna vaccine will be notified about future clinics.
The CDC is shelving the Johnson and Johnson vaccine until health experts can dig deeper into reports of blood clots linked to the shot.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.