Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Sam Dick (June 8, 2021)
Updated: Jun. 8, 2021 at 11:03 AM EDT
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Sam Dick (June 8, 2021)
GREEK-SEASONED T-BONE STEAKS WITH CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD
Who said impressive dishes have to be complicated? Iconic T-Bone Steak is grilled then sliced and served with a simple Greek salad.
- 2 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 medium cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Grate peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from lemon. Combine Greek seasoning and lemon peel. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for salad. Press remaining mixture evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Cook’s Tip: To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture, lemon juice, cucumber, tomatoes and cheese in medium bowl, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve beef with cucumber and tomato salad.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.