Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Tim White (July 1, 2021)
Published: Jul. 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM EDT
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Tim White (July 1, 2021)
GRILLED RIBEYE STEAKS AND POTATOES WITH SMOKY PAPRIKA RUB
Smoky seasoned steak and wedged potatoes grilled to perfection. Served with a simple sour cream and onion sauce.
- 2 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (recipe follows) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons smoked or Spanish paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks; set aside. Combine reserved seasoning, oil and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes 14 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Sprinkle green onion over potatoes. Serve potatoes with Sour Cream and Onion Sauce for dipping, if desired.
Sour Cream and Onion Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 2 tablespoons minced green onion. Sprinkle with smoked or Spanish paprika, as desired. Yield: 1/2 cup
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.