Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Bill Bryant (July 6, 2021)
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Bill Bryant (July 6, 2021)
FRUIT AND NUT BURGERS
Prepare to be delighted. Ground Beef burgers with walnuts, Granny Smith apples, Brie cheese and blackberry preserves.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, cut into 8 rounds
- 4 tablespoons Brie cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons marionberry or blackberry preserves
- 4 whole-grain artisanal rolls
- Combine Ground Beef, walnuts, salt, pepper, and in a medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Place two apple rounds on bottom of each roll; top with burger. Evenly spread cheese and preserves over burgers. Close sandwiches. Cook’s Tip: Apple rounds may be grilled for 3 to 4 minutes, if desired.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.