Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Meteorologist Jim Caldwell (July 8, 2021)
Published: Jul. 8, 2021 at 11:33 AM EDT
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Meteorologist Jim Caldwell (July 8, 2021)
CITRUS-RUBBED BEEF TOP SIRLOIN & FRUIT KABOBS
This recipe combines fresh fruit and steak in a colorful, easy to eat kabob. This Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Center Cut, Boneless (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Grate peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from orange; reserve juice. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Cut beef Steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Place beef and 2-1/2 tablespoons cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Thread beef evenly onto four skewers leaving small space between pieces. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
- Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.