Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Bill Bryant (July 15, 2021)
Published: Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:07 AM EDT
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin’ with DeAnn Stephens and Bill Bryant (July 15, 2021).
STEAK KABOBS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION RELISH
Caramelized onions with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar pair well with the rich savory flavor of these broiled steak kabobs.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless cut 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
Caramelized Onion Relish:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- To prepare Kabobs, preheat broiler. Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- To prepare Caramelized Onion Relish, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates and onion mixture browns and thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Cut beef Top Sirloin Steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces. Season meat with seasoning blend. Thread 3 beef pieces onto each skewer, leaving small spaces between pieces. Place kabobs on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 7 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Cook’s Tip: 1-1/2 pounds beef Ranch Steak cut 1-Inch thick may be substituted for beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless. To grill, place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve kabobs with relish. Garnish with basil leaves, as desired.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.