Summer Grillin with DeAnn Stephens and Ally Blake (Aug. 6, 2021)
Published: Aug. 6, 2021 at 5:13 PM EDT
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Summer Grillin with DeAnn Stephens and Ally Blake (Aug. 5, 2021)
CAROLINA BARBECUE BURGERS
These are no ordinary burgers. Combine brown sugar, beer, mustard, and vinegar to prepare a barbecue sauce to add extra flavor to Ground Beef burgers.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 4 toasted hamburger buns, split
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine brown sugar, mustard, beer, and vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 17 minutes until thickened and reduced into 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place bun, cut sides down, on the grid. Grill until lightly toasted. Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce on the bottom of each bun; top with burger. Evenly spoon remaining sauce on the burger. Evenly top burgers with cabbage. Close sandwiches. Cook’s Tip: Packaged coleslaw mix or shredded lettuce may be substituted for the shredded cabbage.
Copyright 2021 WKYT. All rights reserved.