Propane explosion felt nearly 15 miles away; homeowner in hospital, officials say
SMOAKS, S.C. (WCSC/Gray News) - A homeowner in South Carolina has been taken to a hospital for burns after an explosion at his house.
WCSC reports first responders were called to a house fire in Colleton County on Monday around 8 p.m.
Colleton County Fire-Rescue Deputy Chief David Greene said a person was in the home at the time of the explosion and was working on a gas line before it exploded.
The man was taken to the hospital with stable vital signs.
Authorities said the explosion was felt nearly 15 miles away and left a large debris field that closed roads in the area.
Copyright 2022 WCSC via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.