Jim Caldwell’s Forecast | A messy system will move in this evening
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A system will track into the region later tonight and through the day on Tuesday.
Here we go! The pattern has shifted and put parts of Kentucky right in the line of sight for something wintry to make its way through the region. Let’s look at this by key times over the next few days.
- Freezing rain and snow will sweep into the region.
- Areas south of Lexington will pick up a longer period of ice.
- Travel will be very tricky with snow and ice
- Light ice accumulations of a tenth of an inch or less.
- Snowfall will be more likely along and north of I-64.
- We likely pick up a couple of inches of snowfall.
- Another round of wintry weather will sweep into southern Kentucky.
- This could lead to more ice accumulation.
- Traffic troubles will likely add up in southern Kentucky.
- An additional amount of light ice will accumulate.
There’s another shot for Thursday but I will tackle it a little more in detail on Tuesday. Plenty of wintry weather to get through over the next few days.
Take care of each other!
Copyright 2023 WKYT. All rights reserved.