JEFFERSONVILLE, In. (WKYT/WAVE) – Crews responded Sunday morning after a house exploded in a Jeffersonville, Indiana neighborhood.
Firefighters say the home sustained severe damage, and over a dozen nearby homes were affected by the blast.
Three people were taken to the hospital, one person died.
Officials believe the explosion was caused by natural gas.
WAVE is also reporting that Indiana's pipeline safety director said they’re also focusing on the piping in the home..
The pipes do not belong to the utility company, making it the homeowner’s responsibility to maintain.
Earlier Sunday, the Jeffersonville Fire Department tweeted a statement, saying a meth lab was not to blame.
UPDATE FROM J.F.D. FIRE MARSHALS: #JeffFire Marshals have ruled out any possibility of a meth lab on the home that exploded earlier this morning. We are awaiting for the conclusion of the gas company investigators findings. #RumorControl pic.twitter.com/t9p2SkSwsz— Jeffersonville Fire (@JFDpio) May 19, 2019