Child, 12, killed in Pulaski County house fire

By  | 

SCIENCE HILL, Ky. (WKYT) - The Pulaski County coroner says a child was killed Wednesday morning in a house fire.

The fire started shortly after 4 a.m. on Keeney Road, east of Science Hill.

The coroner said a couple and their two children were living in the home. The parents and a 5-year-old girl escaped the fire. The coroner said a 12-year-old boy was unable to escape.

A family member tells WKYT he believes the fire likely started with a heat lamp kept on the back porch to keep pets warm.

This story is developing and will be updated as more information enters the newsroom.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus