LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - The city of Lexington wants to repurpose your political yard signs.
Lexington's Division of Environmental Services is collecting political yard signs and the metal stakes.
The city said the signs aren't recyclable and shouldn't be put in a Rosie.
Instead, the city will use the stakes for "Slow Down!" signs as part of the city's Safe Streets initiative.
The signs will be reused by local businesses as part of an art project.
The city will collect signs at the following locations until Nov. 15:
- Broomwagon Coffee + Bikes (800 North Limestone)
- Carol Martin Gatton Beaumont YMCA (3251 Beaumont Centre Circle)
- Good Foods Co-Op (455-D Southland Drive)
- Government Center (200 East Main Street)
- High Street YMCA (239 East High Street)
- Kenwick Community Center (313 Owsley Avenue)
- Lexington Senior Center (195 Life Lane)
- North Lexington Family YMCA (381 W. Loudon Avenue)
- Pivot Brewing (1400 Delaware Avenue)
- West Sixth Brewing (501 West Sixth Street)
- Whitaker Family YMCA (2681 Old Rosebud Road)