Police: Woman smoking while pouring gas set self on fire

Picture: MGN
By  | 

INDEPENDENCE, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky woman who was pouring gas into a child's motorcycle while smoking a cigarette set herself on fire and has been seriously burned.

WLWT-TV reports the woman was flown from Independence, Kentucky, to a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday for treatment.

Independence police say the woman used a gas can to fill the tank inside the garage of a home.

Investigators believe the vapors from the gasoline inside the closed garage sparked the fire.

Police say the fire appears to be an accident.

The woman hasn't been identified.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus