POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A report from the state auditor raises some questions about spending in Powell County.
State Auditor Mike Harmon pointed out 16 items from the financial statement of the Powell County Fiscal Court for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2015.
Some of the complaints listed include:
- The jail and ambulance funds have deficits totaling $444,929.
- The fiscal court lacks adequate segregation of duties over the payroll function.
- Part-time employees should not receive full-time benefits.
- The fiscal court should pay overtime properly.
- Payroll computations were not correct for four employees.
The Judge-Executive says that the majority of the issues raised occurred during a previous administration. He adds that since taking office, the county is working to rectify those divisions.