Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WKYT-TV is home to the CBS and CW affiliates in beautiful Lexington, KY. The station sits amongst picturesque horse farms in the Thoroughbred Capital of the World.
The Lexington DMA (#63) provides a competitive news environment and WKYT has emerged as the news leader, producing over 9.5 hours of news per day. Our team of award-winning professionals thrive in a fast-paced, yet fun, environment.
Lexington is home to a thriving downtown scene, phenomenal restaurants and breweries, a minor league baseball team and, of course, Keeneland Race Course, the most beautiful horse track you'll ever visit. For outdoor enthusiasts, Red River Gorge and the Appalachian Mountains are calling your name. And in the summers, Lake Cumberland is just a short drive south to get your boating fix.
Lexington is home the University of Kentucky, where basketball is a way of life! Once you see a game at historic Rupp Arena, your life will never be the same! WKYT is the Official Station of U.K. Athletics.
At WKYT, we believe the Kentucky way of life is special, and it's our mission to stand up for those who hold it sacred.
The successful Account Executive is responsible for selling our two television stations, as well as a full suite of digital product offerings. The ever-changing and expanding offerings in the digital space make this position most suitable for someone with a passion for new technologies, a natural curiosity, and ability to adapt and embrace new and emerging technology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build, present, sell, and execute cross-platform advertising campaigns
• Create client re-caps, demonstrating delivery and effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Maintain and sell existing TV and digital accounts
• Prospect and sell new business, using television and digital products
• Work collaboratively with other departments and within a sales team on station projects
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of broadcast television or related sales experience
• A 4-year college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred
• Customer-service oriented, self-motivated, and possess strong local contact
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills
• An intense desire to succeed in a commission-based sales environment
• Must have a good driving record
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.