MEADE COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A Meade County man survived a powerful blast after his garage exploded while he was inside of it.
The explosion happened around 2:00 p.m. on Monday. A 70-year-old man was working on a propane tank when the blast happened.
The man's daughter said she heard a boom and pulled her father from the fire.
"I just heard him hollering for help," Robin Frederick said. "I came out the front door and you could see the fire out of the back of the garage and I tried to get in the side door and I couldn't so I crawled through the front and I got him."
The victim's family said he suffered burns and was airlifted to University Hospital. He is now in stable condition.