MINNEAPOLIS, June 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) today announced voting results from its 2022 Annual Meeting of Shareholders held on June 8, 2022. Shareholders elected 12 members of the board of directors, ratified the appointment of Target's independent registered public accounting firm, approved the "Say on Pay" management proposal, and rejected two shareholder proposals.
The Carideo Group, the independent Inspector of Election, has certified all voting results for the Annual Meeting. The final tabulation indicates that 400,324,619 million shares were voted, representing approximately 86.3 percent of Target's outstanding shares.
The final tabulation of votes for each proposal is as follows. Voting percentages are rounded to the nearest tenth of a percent and may not foot due to rounding.
1. Shareholders elected each of the following board nominees for a one-year term:
David P. Abney
Douglas M. Baker, Jr.
George S. Barrett
Gail K. Boudreaux
Brian C. Cornell
Robert L. Edwards
Melanie L. Healey
Donald R. Knauss
Christine A. Leahy
Monica C. Lozano
Derica W. Rice
Dmitri L. Stockton
2. Shareholders ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as Target's independent registered accounting firm for fiscal 2022:
3. Shareholders approved, on a non-binding advisory basis, Target's executive compensation ("Say on Pay"):
4. Shareholders did not approve a shareholder proposal to amend the proxy access bylaw to remove the shareholder group limit:
5. Shareholders did not approve a shareholder proposal raised from the floor of the Annual Meeting concerning the method of holding shareholder meetings that are not held in person:
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 2,000 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5% of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For the latest store count or more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE Target Corporation