Tennessee vs. Toledo Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: 3 hours ago
Monday's contest between the Tennessee Lady Volunteers (24-11) and the Toledo Rockets (29-4) at Thompson-Boling Arena should be a one-sided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 76-64 and heavily favors Tennessee to come out on top. Game time is at 6:00 PM ET on March 20.
In their last outing on Saturday, the Lady Volunteers earned a 95-50 victory over Saint Louis.
Tennessee vs. Toledo Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 6:00 PM ET
- Where: Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tennessee
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Tennessee vs. Toledo Score Prediction
- Prediction: Tennessee 76, Toledo 64
Tennessee Schedule Analysis
- The Lady Volunteers' signature win this season came against the LSU Lady Tigers, a squad ranked inside the AP's Top 25 (No. 9). The Lady Volunteers brought home the 69-67 win at a neutral site on March 4.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Lady Volunteers are 5-11 (.313%) -- tied for the 29th-most victories, but also tied for the 14th-most losses.
- Tennessee has tied for the second-most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (nine).
- The Lady Volunteers have seven wins over Quadrant 3 opponents, tied for the 46th-most in the country.
Tennessee 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-67 over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on March 4
- 65-51 at home over Ole Miss (No. 18) on February 2
- 69-51 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on November 25
- 68-55 at home over Georgia (No. 32) on January 15
- 80-69 at home over Mississippi State (No. 35) on January 5
Toledo Schedule Analysis
- The Rockets' signature win this season came in an 80-73 victory over the No. 17 Iowa State Cyclones on March 18.
- When facing Quadrant 1 opponents, the Rockets are 3-2 (.600%) -- tied for the 42nd-most wins.
- When facing Quadrant 2 teams, Toledo is 4-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 46th-most victories.
- Against Quadrant 3 opponents (according to the RPI), the Lady Volunteers are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 46th-most wins.
- When facing Quadrant 4 opponents, Toledo is 15-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 22nd-most victories.
Toledo 2022-23 Best Wins
- 80-73 over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on March 18
- 71-68 on the road over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on December 8
- 73-58 over Bowling Green (No. 69) on March 11
- 62-56 at home over Bowling Green (No. 69) on March 4
- 72-70 on the road over Ball State (No. 72) on February 25
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Lady Volunteers have a +374 scoring differential, topping opponents by 10.7 points per game. They're putting up 77 points per game to rank 20th in college basketball and are allowing 66.3 per contest to rank 231st in college basketball.
- Tennessee is averaging 76.5 points per game this year in conference games, which is 0.5 fewer points per game than its overall average (77).
- The Lady Volunteers are scoring 78.6 points per game when playing at home. In away games, they are averaging 76.4 points per contest.
- At home, Tennessee is ceding 8.9 fewer points per game (62.5) than in away games (71.4).
- The Lady Volunteers have seen an increase in scoring lately, putting up 79.1 points per game in their last 10 contests, 2.1 points more than the 77 they've scored this year.
Toledo Performance Insights
- The Rockets put up 73.8 points per game (43rd in college basketball) while giving up 62.8 per contest (133rd in college basketball). They have a +364 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 11 points per game.
- Toledo scores more in conference play (74.9 points per game) than overall (73.8).
- In 2022-23 the Rockets are averaging 1.8 more points per game at home (74.9) than away (73.1).
- In 2022-23 Toledo is giving up 5.6 fewer points per game at home (59.7) than on the road (65.3).
- The Rockets have fared worse offensively over their past 10 games, scoring 73.3 points per contest, 0.5 fewer points their than season average of 73.8.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.