UConn vs. Baylor Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 19, 2023 at 3:40 AM EDT|Updated: 2 hours ago
Monday's contest between the UConn Huskies (30-5) and the Baylor Bears (20-12) at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion has a good chance to be a one-sided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 75-60 and heavily favors UConn to take home the win. Game time is at 9:00 PM ET on March 20.
Their last time out, the Huskies won on Saturday 95-52 against Vermont.
UConn vs. Baylor Game Info
- When: Monday, March 20, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
UConn vs. Baylor Score Prediction
- Prediction: UConn 75, Baylor 60
UConn Schedule Analysis
- The Huskies beat the No. 3-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes, 86-79, on November 27, which goes down as their signature victory of the season.
- The Huskies have the most Quadrant 1 wins in the nation (15).
- UConn has tied for the 22nd-most Quadrant 2 victories in the nation (six).
- Against Quadrant 3 opponents, the Huskies are 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 26th-most wins.
UConn 2022-23 Best Wins
- 86-79 over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on November 27
- 83-76 at home over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on November 14
- 67-56 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on March 6
- 63-58 at home over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on January 29
- 60-51 on the road over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on February 18
Baylor Schedule Analysis
- Against the No. 10 Villanova Wildcats on November 26, the Bears captured their signature win of the season, a 75-70 victory.
- The Bears have tied for the 23rd-most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (six), but also have tied for the 24th-most Quadrant 1 defeats (10).
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams (based on the RPI), the Huskies are 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 26th-most victories.
Baylor 2022-23 Best Wins
- 75-70 over Villanova (No. 10/AP Poll) on November 26
- 63-54 on the road over Texas (No. 15/AP Poll) on February 27
- 76-70 on the road over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on February 4
- 81-70 on the road over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on January 3
- 75-62 on the road over Kansas (No. 38) on January 7
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
UConn Performance Insights
- The Huskies are outscoring opponents by 17.9 points per game with a +625 scoring differential overall. They put up 76.3 points per game (26th in college basketball) and give up 58.4 per contest (43rd in college basketball).
- UConn is putting up 73.5 points per game this season in conference action, which is 2.8 fewer points per game than its season average (76.3).
- The Huskies put up 78.6 points per game when playing at home, compared to 72.8 points per game when playing on the road, a difference of 5.8 points per contest.
- UConn is giving up 58.3 points per game this year at home, which is 0.1 fewer points than it is allowing in road games (58.4).
- The Huskies have been racking up 69.7 points per game in their last 10 appearances, an average that's a little lower than the 76.3 they've scored over the course of the 2022-23 campaign.
Baylor Performance Insights
- The Bears put up 72.2 points per game (56th in college basketball) while giving up 63.1 per outing (141st in college basketball). They have a +291 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 9.1 points per game.
- Baylor has averaged 2.6 fewer points in Big 12 play (69.6) than overall (72.2).
- At home, the Bears score 73.1 points per game. On the road, they score 70.
- At home, Baylor concedes 57.3 points per game. On the road, it gives up 67.8.
- While the Bears are averaging 72.2 points per game in 2022-23, they have fallen short of that over their last 10 games, producing 68.7 points per contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.