Reds vs. Cardinals: Odds, spread, over/under - May 24
On Wednesday, May 24, Paul Goldschmidt's St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) visit Jonathan India's Cincinnati Reds (20-28) at Great American Ball Park. The first pitch will be thrown at 6:40 PM ET.
Oddsmakers list the Cardinals as -160 favorites on the moneyline, while giving the underdog Reds +135 moneyline odds. An 11-run over/under has been set for the matchup.
Reds vs. Cardinals Time and TV Channel
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Probable Pitchers: Steven Matz - STL (0-5, 5.05 ERA) vs Ben Lively - CIN (1-2, 2.45 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Reds vs. Cardinals Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Here's a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup at multiple sportsbooks.
|Cardinals Moneyline||Reds Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-165||+140||-||10.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-160||+135||-||11||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-149||+130||-||11||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-160||+140||Cardinals (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
If you're wanting to put money on the Reds and Cardinals game but want some assistance with how to get started, here's a quick breakdown. Wagering on the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Reds (+135) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they wind up winning the game, you'd get $23.50 back in your pocket.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to play, like player props (will Jonathan India hit a homer?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many different ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|Cardinals vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
Reds vs. Cardinals Betting Trends and Insights
- This season, the Cardinals have won 12 out of the 26 games, or 46.2%, in which they've been favored.
- The Cardinals have a 6-8 record (winning 42.9% of their games) when they have played as moneyline favorites of -160 or shorter.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that St. Louis has a 61.5% chance to win.
- The Cardinals have a 3-2 record from the five games they were favored on the moneyline over their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), St. Louis and its opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- The Reds have come away with 13 wins in the 35 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, the Reds have been victorious six times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Reds have played as underdogs in nine of their past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
Reds vs. Cardinals Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Kevin Newman||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+150)||0.5 (+850)||0.5 (+210)|
|Spencer Steer||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+500)||0.5 (+170)|
|Nick Senzel||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+675)||0.5 (+175)|
|Tyler Stephenson||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+150)||0.5 (+650)||0.5 (+170)|
|Jonathan India||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+140)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+240)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Reds, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Reds Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+50000||25th||5th|
|Win NL Central||+8000||-||5th|
Think the Reds can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Cincinnati and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.