Reds vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
The Chicago Cubs (22-27) and Cincinnati Reds (21-29) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs are coming off a series victory over the Mets, and the Reds a series split with the Cardinals.
The Cubs will give the ball to Justin Steele (6-1, 2.20 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 7 on the season, and the Reds will counter with Hunter Greene (0-4, 4.68 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Reds vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Steele - CHC (6-1, 2.20 ERA) vs Greene - CIN (0-4, 4.68 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Odds|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Greene
- Greene gets the start for the Reds, his 11th of the season. He is 0-4 with a 4.68 ERA and 69 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the righty went seven innings against the New York Yankees, giving up four earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 23-year-old has an ERA of 4.68, with 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .274 against him.
- Greene is looking to record his third quality start of the season.
- Greene heads into this matchup with six outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Steele
- Steele (6-1) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies while allowing four hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with a 2.20 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .212.
- In 10 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in eight of them.
- Steele will look to finish five or more innings for the 11th start in a row.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 27-year-old's 2.20 ERA ranks sixth, 1.011 WHIP ranks 10th, and 7.8 K/9 ranks 51st.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.