Reds vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 28
The Cincinnati Reds (23-29) will try to sweep a three-game series versus the Chicago Cubs (22-29), at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday.
The Cubs will look to Drew Smyly (5-1) against the Reds and Graham Ashcraft (2-3).
Reds vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (5-1, 2.93 ERA) vs Ashcraft - CIN (2-3, 5.57 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Odds|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Graham Ashcraft
- Ashcraft makes the start for the Reds, his 11th of the season. He is 2-3 with a 5.57 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 53 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he threw five innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up 10 hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 5.57, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .276 against him.
- Ashcraft has registered five quality starts this year.
- Ashcraft will try to prolong a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.3 innings per outing).
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Smyly
- The Cubs will send Smyly (5-1) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed four hits in five innings pitched against the New York Mets on Tuesday.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.93 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .202 in 10 games this season.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- Smyly has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 33-year-old ranks 15th in ERA (2.93), seventh in WHIP (.958), and 41st in K/9 (8.3).
Drew Smyly vs. Reds
- The Reds rank 13th in MLB with a .255 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 21st in the league (.387) and 40 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Reds in one game, and they have gone 9-for-22 with a triple, a home run and six RBI over 4 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.