Reds vs. Guardians Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Cincinnati Reds (81-77) will look to sweep the Cleveland Guardians (74-84) at Progressive Field on Wednesday, at 6:10 PM ET.
The Guardians will call on Shane Bieber (5-6) versus the Reds and Andrew Abbott (8-5).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Guardians Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bieber - CLE (5-6, 3.91 ERA) vs Abbott - CIN (8-5, 3.70 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Guardians vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Guardians vs Reds Player Props|
|How to Watch Guardians vs Reds|
|Guardians vs Reds Odds|
|Guardians vs Reds Prediction|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andrew Abbott
- The Reds are sending Abbott (8-5) to the mound for his 21st start of the season. He is 8-5 with a 3.70 ERA and 119 strikeouts over 107 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the lefty tossed 4 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 20 games this season, the 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.70, with 10 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .232 against him.
- Abbott is trying to record his 10th quality start of the year.
- Abbott will try to secure his 14th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging 5.4 innings per appearance.
- He has had five appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Andrew Abbott vs. Guardians
- He will match up with a Guardians offense that is hitting .249 as a unit (14th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .380 (28th in the league) with 121 total home runs (30th in MLB play).
- Abbott has a 3.6 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP against the Guardians this season in five innings pitched, allowing a .300 batting average over one appearance.
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Shane Bieber
- Bieber (5-6) will take to the mound for the Guardians and make his 21st start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Friday, when he threw five innings against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.91 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .254 in 20 games this season.
- In 20 starts this season, he's earned 11 quality starts.
- Bieber has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has four appearances with no earned runs allowed in 20 chances this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.